PRIMARY SECTION – CLASSES 1 TO 4.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” – Nelson Mandela
The purpose of primary education is to support children’s growth into humanity and into ethically responsible membership of society and to provide them with knowledge and skills needed in life.
Primary Education has been identified as the most crucial stage in the education of a child. The aim of the primary education is to provide a rich, stimulating and caring environment in which the child feels happy, safe, secure and confident .It is the foundation in the development of a child’s personality and his /her understanding of good and bad.
It is our firm belief that every child is gifted with creativity. To harness such creative traits and tap the talent at an early age, children are given the opportunity to test and develop their talents across a broadly based and academically stimulating curriculum that promotes intellectual, artistic, aesthetic, physical and social development.
Extracurricular activities also allow deeper exploration of subjects of particular interest as well as the development of individual skills and talents.
our school offers its students a variety of extracurricular activities and students are encouraged to participate in all these activities. Ample opportunities are offered to them in the form of :
• Thematic class assemblies – to develop individual talents, promote social responsibility, to develop awareness and appreciation of the environment.
• Special assemblies like Independence day, Eid, Teacher’s Day, Diwali, Christmas etc. – to appreciate and respect the dignity of work, develop desirable social standards, moral and religious values, develop aesthetic values and appreciate own and other people’s cultures, develop awareness of and appreciation for other nations and international community, instill respect and love for own country and the need for harmonious co-existence
• Talent fiesta- Sargothsav, Annual Day celebrations etc – to develop individual talents, promote social responsibility and make proper use of leisure time.
• Sports Day – to develop each and every child into a self-disciplined, physically fit and healthy person.
• Competitions like GK Quiz, Math Magic etc. – acquire literacy, numeracy, creativity and communication skills, enjoy learning and develop desire to continue learning, develop ability for critical thinking and logical judgment
The main aim of these activities is to expose students to various fields and help them discover their hidden and unknown talents. Dance, Music, Art and Craft, Physical Education are an integral part of the education system in the school. The school aims to provide holistic education for helping the child to develop and nurture 21st century skills like active learning, out of box thinking, critical thinking, effective communication, collaboration, technological skills, knowledge on life skills and career personality, etc. These programmes are offered to the students throughout the academic year at regular intervals.
The timings of Primary section is from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm. We have 8 divisions in Class I, and 7 divisions each in Class II, Class III and Class IV.