- About ISAS
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Fresh registration starts in the last week of December every year.
- For the past two years, Board has taken up the task of allotting the seats. for all classes. The lists students for admission comes from the Board.
- The Principal, one administrative staff and the admission-in-charge to attend the meetings held by the board.
- Directives will be given by the board for admission procedures.
- The list of candidates who opted our school will be made by the office.
- The list of siblings cases also have to be made by the administrative office.
- Parents, after registering online should bring the print out of the same and pay RO 10 as registration fee.
- An office staff is entrusted with the admission work, he/she will communicate to parents regarding details, answer their queries and maintain the registration forms file and documentation related to admission.
- This year (2019-20), as per the directives of the board, for Std KG I to V, admissions were to be given to those candidates sent by the board without admission test
- However, from Std. VI – IX, lists of candidates were sent by the board and they were admitted only after admission tests.
- Later, in the month of May, candidates of late registration were asked to approach the schools of their choice directly and take admission if the seats were available, which continued till the first week of December.
ADMISSION TEST (For Classes VI – X)
- Usually, admission test will be conducted in the third/fourth week of March
- It is conducted for English, Mathematics and Science for all classes. The test will be conducted for three hours, an hour each subject. The question paper of 25 marks each.
- In the admission test conducted in March, the candidates will be writing the paper based on the previous years syllabus ie. Candidates seeking admission in Class VIII will be given question papers from the syllabus of class VII.
- However, after summer vacation, whatever portion is covered for that particular class before summer vacation will be tested ie. a class VIII candidate will be tested on the class VIII portion covered before summer vacation.
- Two new sets of question paper of marks each will be prepared for classes 6 -10 in all the three subjects – English, Maths & Science.
- The day before the test, copies will be taken and kept with the Principal.
- The teacher-in-charge gets the number of candidates appearing for the test from the office and inform Principal so that sufficient copies can be made.
- The teacher-in-charge decides upon the rooms for invigilation and elaborate plan for the conduct of test should be made.
- The teacher-in-charge makes the duty list for invigilation, correction etc
- The teacher-in-charge makes the result and gets it ratified by the Principal
- In the current year, the pass percentage for all classes has been 33. It’s been the practice to have board’s pass percentage for admission test also.
- At all times principal’s decision and discretion has been followed.
- Parents will not have any access to the answer scripts.
- Usually, the result will be declared two days after the test.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE : 2019 – 20
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR ADMISSION:
- Original TC
- A copy of report card (Whole year’s card)
- A copy of first, last and VISA stamped page of the passport of the child only
- A copy of 'Birth Certificate' for admission of students up to class IV
- A copy of health/immunization card for KG I & II admissions.
- 3 pass port size photographs (recent)
* If any student is new to Oman and his/her Visa is under processing / not stamped in the pass port, the parent has to bring a letter from his/her sponsor/company stating that their Visa is under processing and the same should be submitted when it is through.
- When a candidate is declared fit/selected for admission, the parents are given an admission form after ensuring that they have brought all documents.
- The parents are directed to keep all documents and the photographs along with the admission form and give it for document verification in the admission counter.
- If any document is not available on the day of admission the parent should give an undertaking letter for the same. They are given a maximum of two weeks for the submission of the document.
- However, either TC or Report card should be there to get admission.
- It is compulsory to have Visa stamped page. If not, the letter from the sponsor for admitting the child should be produced, without which admission will not be given.
- The teacher-in-charge then verifies the documents once again and allot sections.
- The teacher-in-charge will have a list of total strength of students as on date so that it will be easy to decide on admissions and allot sections.
- Then the parents will be directed to take signature from the Principal and then go to the fee counter where after paying fees the admission procedure will be complete.
SYNOPSIS OF THE PROCEDURE
- On-line registration – www.indianschoolsoman.org
- Submission of the printed copy and the payment of RO 10.
- Awaiting the allotment of school
- After the release of the list, parents should approach the concerned school
AFTER ALLOTMENT OF SCHOOLS:
- Confirmation of admission in the school by the parents( a list will be put up on the notice board)
- The school will decide on the dates of admission for various classes and notify the parents regarding the same.
- Admission test dates also will be notified.
- Admission tests will be conducted for classes VI – X
- Direct admission / a small interview may be conducted for classes KG I – Class V
- Obtaining admission form from the counter and filling it up.
- Submitting documents along with the admission form in the counter for verification.
- Meeting the teacher-in-charge for verification and allotment of section.
- Procuring signature from the Principal.
- Payment of fees at the fee counter.